Thursday, October 16, 2008

LIGHTNING MCQUEEN IN PERSON!
I thought this would be the moment Max had been waiting for his entire life! Anyone who has ever met Max will have first noticed his Lightning McQueen garb...then shoes, toys...and overall obsession with the Cars movie, which has not wavered since the day he saw the movie in the theaters, well over 2 years ago! When I was pregnant with Jack and on partial bed-rest (what kind of BS is that anyway, especially with two toddlers running around the house!) we put in the Lightning McQueen movie almost EVERY DAY. I don't even think it is possible to count to the number of times we have seen this movie. So, imagine my excitement when I was wandering around Disney with a sleeping baby in the stroller and I saw the "real" Lightning McQueen. I couldn't wait to reunite with Max (off on a ride with daddy and sis) to tell him! When I did, he was jumping and screaming and almost ran the entire way there. So, what happened when he actually got to see and touch him in person (after waiting patiently and excitedly in a long line?) Abstract indifference! We had to force him to touch the car! Barely a smile! Did I have another star struck child on my hands?? Does it look like he was a little afraid to touch him? I am still not sure what happened!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

How cool is that! It sounds like you guys had a wonderful Disney Adventure so far...Can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

perhaps disappointment? No where near as cool as it was so larger than life in his mind....