Wednesday, February 04, 2009

SHE DID IT!
Princess Nicole and I paid a visit to Sweet -n- Sassy salon in Exton, where everything is pink, where little girls are treated like princesses, and where moms grimace as they sign the credit card bill! She had her hair cut, braided, and sprayed with sparkly stuff, and she was given the prettiest lollipop I have ever seen!


The setting and the mood must have struck her, because she decided that she wanted to get her ears "piersted." (Which pronunciation she used for the last few months until she actually had her ears pierced, at which time she suddenly pronounced the word properly! Clearly, this was a very grown-up day in her life!) As soon as she was ready, I was suddenly full of panic, and sure that she was much too young to have this done! But, I told her a few months ago that she could do it whenever she wanted so...I had to take a deep breath and let my little girl grow up a little tiny bit!They did both ears at the same time, so she couldn't back out halfway through! Some tears fell, and she has been very nervous about the "recovery" period (none really, but we have to make sure we clean them and twist them a few times a day!), but she is very happy she had it done, and she looks so cute! (I know you can't really see them in the picture, but this was the best I could get!) Now she can't wait to get started wearing long and glamorous earrings! (Oops, we should have had this discussion before the piercing sweetie, because there are going to be a lot of rules about the type of earrings you can wear, and when you can wear them, once you are actually permitted to remove these for the first time!)

Did I mention that I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was sixteen (sixteen!!) and I have always been certain that I wasn't going to make Nicole wait even remotely that long until she had hers done! I have never been sure where I would draw the line, but as she neared her 6th birthday a few months ago, I really thought she was ready, and told her so. She wanted no part of it then! Max is now saying (I think jokingly) that he is going to be one of those "boys who gets his ears pierced," and now I am sure exactly where I draw the line!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Yeay Nicole! I was so nervous to change Daniella's earrings the first time- I think I waited like 8 weeks! I am still chicken but I agree- they look adorable! Congrats! She is a beauty!!