Thursday, February 26, 2009

UPDATES
To swim, or not to swim? Well, I got into the water last weekend---and my hopes of participating in the triathalon were immediately dashed. I confirmed that I can't swim even a little bit, and I really couldn't see how I would ever be able to do a river swim---and 35 laps of it at that! I left the pool extremely discouraged, and was sure that my "indecision" turned into a decision not to participate in the triathalon. Since that time, I have spoken to several wonderful women at my gym who are probably going to compete in the triathalon. They are extremely encouraging, and have convinced me to at least take some actual swim lessons. At the very worst, I can learn how to swim---and maybe I can even do a little more than that by the time the triathalon comes along! Another woman is in the same boat as I am, and she and I are going to look into lessons together, so that's where I stand right now!

On a higher note, Jack's potty training is going extremely well! He is asking to go to the potty about a gazillion times a day, and goes every time! Pretty much every poop he takes is on the potty, and his diapers are only slightly wet when he asks me to take them off---as if he starts to go in his diaper, then stops himself and asks to use the potty. Today when I picked him up at the gym, the ladies said he asked to use the potty, and went! I can only hope that this lasts! (The poop that ended up in his pack-n-play yesterday will be the subject of another post, perhaps, but overall, it is going very well!)

Nicole learned to tie her shoes yesterday! She is very proud of herself! But she is a little bummed about her ear piercing--it's putting a little damper on her life! When she had it done, one side was noticeably higher than the other side, and it has been bothering me for weeks! I finally decided that I was taking one side out and having it done again the right way this time! We had been talking about this from the beginning, and she REALLY doesn't want to have her ear pierced again, but I decided that she will thank me later in life. So we are waiting for the hole to close up before I take her back. And she is really in no hurry for the hole to close up!

We have all been pretty healthy these last few weeks. Final tally? Strep got Nicole three times, Kurt once, me once (maybe twice) and the strep rash (but not strep throat) got Jack twice. My hold-out, Max, ended up getting strep throat once! The stomach flu hit all of us once, except Nicole!! I have heard that many families are getting the stomach virus two and three times over....but I just know this won't happen to us! Right?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Tell me more about this strep rash but not strep throat...Brayden has a rash all over his body and I took him in last Monday and they tested him for strep (throat swab) and it came back negative...yet he still has the rash. I showed the doc yesterday at Cami's well check and she said keep an eye on it and call if it gets worse. Did Jack have the strep throat swab and have it come back positive or did he just have the rash? Any need for antibiotics with him?