Friday, July 03, 2009

5K ...again!
As I sit here on the eve of a 5K run, I realize that I have not yet written about run number 2, which occurred 2 weeks ago. A different group of ladies ran with me this time, through the streets of downtown West Chester. The run benefited the Chester County Legal Aid Society, but this fact had nothing to do with the reason for the run! I think I was bitten by the 5K bug a little bit---I wanted a few more runs under my belt, I wanted to beat my time for my first run and I wanted to feel good doing it!

(Note to self: Flying pony tail was quite distracting throughout run! Remember to do a low pony for tomorrow's run!) This 5K was a double-loop run which started with a big downhill and ended with a long incline uphill, and was mostly flat in-between. There were a lot less participants than the first run, and it had a lot of much faster runners!! I did beat my first time by almost 1 and a 1/2 minutes---my final result was 28 minutes, 52 seconds, pacing at a 9 minute 19 second mile, and placing 94 out of 150 runners. I was happy enough about the time, but not by my place! Must....do.....better! Must....do.....better!

I will post about tomorrow's run shortly! (Unless I do poorly, then you won't hear from me for quite a while!)

No comments: