Wednesday, January 14, 2009

PARTY ON
It has been pathetically long since I last posted! I won't try to offer excuses, just a mea culpa and I'll be on my blogging way! I am "recovering" from strep throat right now, which wasn't a huge ordeal---just a pain in the neck (throat!) because I got it so long after the rest of the family. (Well, my Max is still strep-free and we're hoping he will stay that way!) No aches, no pains, no fever, no time out for me to rest---just a scratchy throat that didn't go away, a prescription for antibiotics and 24 hours of feeling a little out of it. So far. Hopefully that's it!

We had a party for Max's 5th birthday last weekend at a bouncing place--what a blast! Max and his friends had fun too, but I was jumping, sliding, and bouncing like one of the five year olds. I really can't believe how much fun I had. But about Max...he was really in his element with over 20 of his friends around him running and playing! The party was in danger of being "snowed out" by a forecast that never materialized. I really should stop listening to the weather forecasts, poor Max was near tears at the thought of his party not happening! Pictures of his party were tough to come by, since no one sat still long enough to get a clear shot--but here he is in the lobby as his friends started to show up:A break between bouncing:Nicole took a moment to say "hi" to the camera (had to wear a skirt, of course!):Although Jack has been at bounce places before, this was the first time he really "got it" and we had each other running around like crazy people!


Complete surprise here that Max chose Lightning McQueen for his cake! (Thank you again Wegmans, for a cute and tasty cake. And thank you, this time, for having the cake ready when I went to pick it up, as opposed to Nicole's party when you had no record of it ever having been ordered, despite my receipt, and had to make it on the spot 30 minutes before the party!)I loved this so much---all the boys put their hands on top of each other and shouted "we are....beeeesssstt friends!"Happy birthday dear Max!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the twins party at a Bounce-U near us this summer. It was so much fun - I loved going down the huge slide and Jim cracked up as I came down. Why didn't they have this when we were kids?