Monday, September 29, 2008

KEYS, TAKE 2
Heavy sigh. Some of you may have read my post of July 19, 2008. In short, Kurt has left the front door wide open on a number of occasions (not just unlocked, but WIDE OPEN)...the post explains in a little more detail. I didn't mention in the post, though, that he ALWAYS leaves the car doors unlocked (but closed!) in the driveway, so I am frequently outside at bedtime clicking the keys to the remote to make sure our cars are locked up and safe for the night. Tonight was a new, but not surprising, first (that I know about!) for him. I had an appointment at a doctor's office, so Kurt was going to leave work a little early to watch the kids. He ended up leaving later than expected, so I had to load the kids in the car, and meet him outside the doctor's office. When we met, he handed me the keys to his car, and he got behind the wheel of my car and took the kids home.

I was probably about 45 -60 minutes behind him and when I got home and pulled up to the driveway---you guessed it---rear passenger door WIDE OPEN and swaying in the breeze. Not only did he not try to lock the door, he didn't even bother to try to CLOSE the door! I was trying to get the visual in my head when I saw it...the door that was open was the back door where Jack sits. So, even if the other kids unbuckled themselves and jumped out, Kurt would have had to have unbuckled Jack, lifted him out of the car, then NOT even bothered to try to shut it as he walked away!!! I really don't get it! First reaction? Anger. Next? Disbelief. Then? Laughter. Next thought? Gotta blog this!!!!!

No comments: