Friday, September 19, 2008

SOCCER STARS
Max started a new soccer program today. He has taken soccer before, on and off, through our gym. I know I rave about the gym itself, but I was never knocked out by the "free" kids programs there....like soccer. But I have to say, I was surprised that Max had a really good set of basic skills he presented today, that he could only have learned through ACAC Kids' Kick Soccer!
We didn't know what to expect from the new program, so I was pleasantly surprised to see how organized it was when we first arrived....and I was KNOCKED OUT by the coaches! They were entertaining, friendly, fit, they knew how to play the game, they continually held the kids' attention for the hour-long class...they had props, they played games, all while teaching soccer skills to a bunch of preschoolers! They were a group of young men with British accents (sorry dad, couldn't pinpoint it, definitely north of London, but I am pretty sure they weren't scousers---not only did they not have that scouse accent, but they were also NOT drinking pints of beer, AND they were actually working pretty hard! Maybe Scottish, even?) who I would love to have as the kids' regular school teachers, setting aside soccer for a minute. They were that good!

Max was so excited and enthusiastic, and he had a GREAT time. He exhibited ability and confidence in a way that I have never seen in him ...and his great mood lasted all night! I don't know whether the same coaches teach this all the time, but based on the first lesson, I would recommend the DARC tots' soccer program (taught by the United Soccer Academy) to anyone! As far as I am concerned, the soccer stars today are Max and the great coaches!


No comments: