Friday, September 05, 2008

NOTHING TOO BLOGWORTHY
The week in kindergarten seems to have gotten better each day, and Nicole comes home happy, and dare I say, even a little enthusiastic? It is still hard for her to say "goodbye" in the morning, but once she is on the bus, she looks like she is happy and chatty.

On the homefront, we were supposed to stop painting after the family room was done (budget-dictated decision!) but we enjoyed a little color so much, that we had the painter come back to do the foyer and hallways upstairs and down, finances be damned. We are going to leave it at that for now...
Here is a first...Max was so proud that he could show Jack how to ride in a shopping cart car, and Jack was so happy to have been shown this new and exciting form of food shopping!

Max told me "Jack is a rookie," so I told the old veteran of cart cars to make sure Jack did it right. (Yes, there is still a little too much Cars movie in our lives, even 2 years after the movie was released!)

Max had orientation for preschool today, and he was pretty happy to jump right back into the swing of things. He will be with all of the same friends---there is no downside for him this year.

Jack's preschool proclivities lean more toward the academic aspect rather than preschool play. He was a little annoyed to be interrupted by the juveniles playing with trucks on the floor! (I can't get Max to sit down and color or write, and I can't get him to hold a pencil or crayon like that. Seriously.)Sorry Jack, you are only 19 months, you have at least another year before your school career starts. And, I am also sorry, honey, that I am a bad mom. Thank goodness you won't remember this, and so, you likely won't be scarred for life, but at least 4 different people have approached me in the last few weeks to make comments about my cute baby girl; and Nicole and Max have also been asked about their baby sister. I am so sorry Jack...your first haircut is coming even sooner than I expected!

No comments: