Sunday, December 07, 2008

SCROOGED
I don't know what's happening to me this year. I like Christmas as well as the next person, but I just can't get into the Christmas spirit at all this season. Two and a half weeks until Christmas, and I don't have one decoration up---no lights, no bells, no wreaths, no pine. I haven't gone to the basement to even find out where our decorations are hiding from last year! No tree. No cookies. (Although anyone that knows me knows that's not a shocker!) No motivation to get it done.

The kids have sat on Santa's lap, and they have gone to Santa brunches. They are opening their advent calendars nightly and we look at a regular calendar to mark off how many more days until Christmas. They talk about what they want for Christmas, and seem excited, but we haven't even mailed letters to Santa and I can't help but think that I need to show a little more enthusiasm, to better the Christmas season for them.

I have started my shopping for the kids, and thought I was doing well despite my lack of enthusiasm, until they sat on Santa's lap this weekend and asked for things that have never been previously mentioned. Heavy sigh, as I headed back out to the store today...I keep hoping that something will click in my head and the magic of the holiday will appear. It always has in the past, so I will certainly post about it when and if it happens this year!

1 comment:

Lesley said...

Patty,
I know exactly how you feel! It has been so hard to get into the Spirit this year, and I think it is because everywhere you go these days has Christmas stuff out so early. Hang in there!