Thursday, December 04, 2008

TERRIBLE TWOS ARE COMING
Bad mom that I am, I was laughing so hard when I saw Jack throw himself flat out on his back on the floor, kicking his legs and flailing his arms as he SCREAMED his head off. He wanted a toy that I had taken away from him because he had just broken it, and it had ragged plastic edges sticking out. Wish I could have gotten to my camera before this episode ended. I never went through the terrible twos with Nicole. With her, it was more like the willful and stubborn threes that resulted in a lot of clashes of wills and emotional exhaustion. Max never had tantrums either, but he was a highly sensitive baby, so a lot of things set him off. His screaming was more about anxiety than about wanting things, or not getting his way. Jack looks as though he is heading, a little early, into an outright tantrum year. The funniest part about this was when daddy came home from work. Nicole told him what had happened, and daddy said "Jack, did you break a toy?" Jack said "no." Daddy said "well, who broke the toy?" and without missing a beat, crafty little Jack said calmly, "uh, Cole did it!" (Nicole) He is not yet two years old, but he gets it, and he may be the biggest challenge to big brother and sister in the game of siblinghood in the years to come!

No comments: