Tuesday, August 26, 2008

NO TURNING BACK
After MANY many days of furniture shopping (see post of July 26, no need to repeat---they were all the same torturous groundhog-day type experiences, thank you kids) and many nights of poring over paint colors, I think we have made some decisions to pretty up our family room. I should say: we have made some decisions to pretty up the family room, and I think (hope hope hope) we're going to like them. The painter is coming tomorrow and Thursday, and new furniture is coming Friday. Hopefully by next week we will see a big improvement, and with a little more time, the room will be all that we've wanted!
Now my brain is spinning---what if we hate the color of the walls, what if the furniture is ugly, WHY are we getting new furniture when the kids are still young and will have too many years to destroy it before they're grown? All our old furniture has been with us since the kids were born, and has seen copious amounts of various bodily fluids over the years; do I really need to subject new furniture to this? AND, will I hate the house because we have one nice room and the rest of the house will still be an empty toy wasteland? Maybe most important of all, HOW could I give the painter, a complete stranger, the KEY to my house so he can let himself in tomorrow morning just so I can go to the gym and not wait around for him to arrive! (Although, there may have been times when we could have had complete strangers wandering around here when "WE" have left the door open when we were out, see post of July 19th!) What if the painter starts painting when I am out, and I miss the opportunity to look at the wall and say "NO, STOP, that's the ugliest color in the world!" The what-if's can go on and on, but we've made the decisions, and we're sticking to it!
Before pictures: This morning.
Tonight after moving everything out to get ready for the painter and the new furniture. (A big improvement already, or at least a step in the right direction!) I will post pictures of the after, after it's done. If we like it.

No comments: