Sunday, August 10, 2008

SHOPPING SPREE?
I was able to get into Philly...by myself...on Saturday! My wonderful husband realized that he has been traveling a lot this past year, and I never get time to myself without the kids. He sent me off to get my hair done, and even told me to do some shopping for myself--we've been on a tight budget his year, so it's been a while. I still haven't switched to a hair salon near me, so my appointments in Philly are fewer and farther between as time passes. I was eager to get my haircut and look like a normal person again. I was especially eager to do some shopping in my old haunts! With excitement building, I strolled up and down the streets and entered into every other store on Walnut and Chestnut Streets to shop for clothes. My downfall was that I went in to every store with a mantra: "I will not buy black clothes, I will not buy black clothes!" No surprise here: I came home completely empty handed!
The second I got home and heard the kids arguing over something, it felt like I hadn't gotten away at all. But we salvaged the rest of the beautiful day by enjoying dinner al fresco. Here is a picture of Nicole and Max looking like they enjoy each other!


Here is a picture of Max's creation of the Eiffel Tower! (Don't ask, we don't quite see it either! I just let the creativity flow!)

(Those of you who even a little astute will note that the kids are in the same clothes as they were the night before! All I can say is: see above, I was not home and was not responsible for getting them dressed today! But if that's the worst that happens when I am gone, then that's fine with me!)

No comments: