Tuesday, July 08, 2008

AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PEAR TREE...

Yesterday, completely out of the blue, Max asked whether we could listen to our KidzBop Christmas CD, as we were driving in the car. I explained that Christmas was a long time away, we were only about 1/2 way there....but SURE we could! So, I just ran with it. Three of us sang and laughed, and we tried to tell Jack about Santa and teach him the words to the songs. Of course, I got the requisite "is Santa real?" question when "Grandma Got Run Over by A Reindeer" was finished ("you may say there's no such thing as Santa, but as for me and grandma, we believe!" ) so I had to explain to the kids AGAIN that I have no idea why they say that in this silly song, but OF COURSE Santa is real! And OF COURSE he is watching them right now to see whether they are being good little girls and boys all year! And OF COURSE he is in the North Pole making new Lightning McQueen toys for Max, all year! After we arrived at our destination, and exhausted by the discussion, I popped the CD out and thought that I had had enough of Christmas in July for a little while!

Today, I received an email from sister-in-law, again completely out of the blue, asking what our kids wanted for Christmas this year! I literally had to bring myself over to a calendar and take a peek, just to make sure that I was really where I thought I was in the year! Good news, I am not losing it.

Since things always DO seem to happen in threes, check back tomorrow to see whether there is another Christmas reference...in July!

No comments: