Sunday, July 20, 2008

POISON CONTROL

We had to call poison control today...just to be on the safe side...because Jack was caught red-handed with big sister's horrid purple lipstick in his mouth! He was definitely chewing on it!! The entire lipstick was pretty much gone, and I am hoping he did not swallow it all...yuck. There was a little smashed into the rug where he was sitting, although we weren't sure whether that was lipstick or other cosmetics that he was playing with. I made hubby call poison control because I know that poison control makes you feel like a complete criminal and worst mom in the world with the questions that they ask! (Only had to call once when Nicole was young and ate silica gel beads from those little packets in the bottom of shoe boxes! Non-toxic in case anyone was wondering!!) We were fairly certain that lipstick was non-toxic, but it didn't say anything on the wrapper, and I needed to be 100% sure. As it turned out, Kurt didn't care whether they made him feel like the worst dad in the world, Jack was fine, and Nicole was in hysterics. I am still not sure whether she was so upset because she thought she was going to get in trouble for leaving her stuff lying around, or whether she was upset because she thought she hurt Jack, or whether it was because her "good" purple (hideous!!) lipstick existed no more! I don't really want to know, but I am hoping that both she and Jack learned from their mistakes!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

If it makes you feel any better 10 month old Jude gummed Hershey Kiss this weekend. Wrapper and all. Just posted the story on my blog...

I didn't call poison control but, I did call the dr.
Ugh.. Kids!

Viv would be devastated if Jude ate one of her coveted lipp-ies

Sarah said...

Hey! you have music now!
Yay!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I can 2 birds with one stone! I can get Jack AND Nicole purple lipstick for christmas presents!