Saturday, July 19, 2008

KEYS

Hmm, since this blog is now officially up and running, I realized that people besides myself may be reading it...including my wonderful husband and his family. Since the post about "keys" may have been construed as having a teensy-weensy bit of husband bashing in it, despite all the other loving and wonderful things I say about him in the post, I needed to change it, and quick!!

My husband is a good man, he works hard and he takes care of a lot of "stuff." And...blah blah blah... he accidentally made a little bitty mistake and left our front door open when we all went out to dinner. We came back home after a few hours, and I realized that the front door to our house was OPEN and AJAR, and apparently had been waving in the breeze for hours! (Especially bad because we live on a busy corner that EVERYONE passes, all the time!) When I saw it, it took me right back to a time when we lived in Philly, before we had kids. We had an awesome roof deck and I went up early one morning to get some sun, and Kurt was going somewhere for the day. I went downstairs a few hours later, and the front door was OPEN AND AJAR and waving in the breeze the entire time I was up sunning on the roof! We lived in a pretty safe area, but we were still the middle of the city, and the door opened right onto the street, one house in from Pine, a major through street! I saw the door open and ran out of the house and didn't go back for hours because I was sure that someone must have come in, and they were hiding in the basement or somewhere in the house!

So, the moral of the story? When you pass our house and see our front door waving in the breeze, please feel free to come in and remove any valuable possessions you may find. Rest assured, the house is open, no one is home, and you have a few hours at least to make your escape...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Oh my...... I think I better drive by your neighborhood more often. Just kidding but I think I would remove or have some one do it and scare him into doing a better job!