Monday, July 28, 2008

FURNITURE SHOPPING, TAKE 2

What a difference a day makes! Newly energized with the new day, Kurt and I planned to take the kids to another torturous day of furniture shopping on Sunday. My mom called, though, and volunteered to watch the kids for a few hours while we went out ourselves! Yay! There was no stopping us now!! Well, except, well everything! Now I no longer had the misbehaving kids to provide the easy excuse I needed for failing to focus in on what I was looking for. Now I really had to figure out what I wanted for our room, and when it came down to it, I had no idea. Couch color, couch texture, paint color, room configuration!? Two couches, sectional sofa, sofa/loveseat/chair?? I keep looking for inspiration in books, magazines and others' houses, and I keep thinking that I'll know what I want when I see it. Not so, so far, but at least I found inspiration when I returned home and looked at our family room. I know what I do not want...a room full of mismatched and old furniture, white white walls, and decor in the form of primary color plastic toys!

Nicole ended up going back to grandma's house after we went furniture shopping. It's so funny how the dynamic changes when we're down one child. While Jack always adores Max, Max can run hot and cold to Jack, depending on what Nicole is doing, and depending on what toys Jack is playing with. Since Nicole has been away, the boys have been the best of buddies, from splashing in the tub, to chasing each other around the house, and they've been sharing toys! It makes my heart smile.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Your blog looks AWESOME!
I love it!

Jennifer said...

Your blog is cracking me up. I feel your pain about the furniture. I wish I could just hire an interior designer for the house... with no limit on the budget of course:)

Lesley said...

Love your blog! It was very nice to meet you last night! Hope tp see you again soon.