Thursday, July 17, 2008

CHRISTMAS IN JULY

OK, I guess it is just me. Christmas in July is EVERYWHERE, all of a sudden! It has exploded all around me! Everywhere I turn, there is a Christmas reference, every ad I review is having a "Christmas in July" sale. Has it been here all the time and I never paid attention? Does everyone "celebrate" Christmas in July?? There is less shock and awe with each reference I encounter...

We've had a somewhat uneventful week. Kurt was away for 5 days, and we survived without him again. It was actually a little different this time, because my mom took Jack for about a day and a half, and I was able to run around with Nicole and Max like we haven't in a long time. No nap schedule! No diaper bag! No stroller! Dinners out at the place of their choosing! The best part of the weekend was time spent in the pool at the gym. Nicole, all of a sudden, learned how to put her head under water without SCREAMING, and she was doing it over and over, with my gentle coaxing! So, at swim lessons on Tuesday, instead of having the entire indoor pool looking at me because my daughter is screaming and carrying on because she has to get her head wet, the ONLY attention we received was POSITIVE attention from her instructor, asking her what happened, and whether she ate "super swimmer cereal" for breakfast! Nicole was quite proud, and honestly, it brought a tear to my eye as well! I was happy that I could devote a little more time and attention to Nicole and Max, as much as I missed my baby boy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Have you seen that Halloween stuff is slowy creeping out onto store shelves... I was a t Babies- R- Us the other day and was shocked that people were actually had costumes in their carts.
KA-RAZY!